Highlander Partners, L.P. is an investment firm founded in 2004. Highlander Partners has investments in a wide range of asset categories, with a principal focus on making direct private equity investments in light manufacturing, basic materials, food products, business and industrial services and value-added distribution companies.
Highlander Partners is headquartered in Dallas, Texas, USA and makes private equity investments throughout North America and the United Kingdom. It maintains other offices in Warsaw, Poland and Bucharest, Romania to make private equity investments throughout Central Europe. Highlander Partners has more than $2.0 billion in assets under management, over $1 billion of its capital is allocated to direct private equity investments in the United States, United Kingdom and Central Europe.
The company differs from a typical private equity firm by managing its own capital with no limited partners whose varying interests can weigh on the investment process. Our competitive advantages include our non-bureaucratic infrastructure, flexible decision-making process, and long-term investment horizon, along with the ability to accommodate special needs of sellers and management teams, operational and transaction expertise, and opportunistic investment strategies.
Highlander Partners typically invests in small to midsize private companies with capable management teams, fundamentally strong operations, and strong track records that need capital and strategic help to “get to the next level.” Highlander also partners with experienced industry executives to search for platform companies in the respective executive’s industry of expertise.
Highlander Partners uses a “buy and build” investment approach, which includes organic growth and selective acquisition strategies. The Highlander Partners team leverages its broad skill set to create value in its portfolio companies by:
- Helping management teams formulate business strategy and performance goals
- Identifying, monitoring and improving key performance metrics
- Advising on the optimal organizational and compensation structure, including management incentive plans
- Accessing a variety of resources from our universe of contacts and relationships
- Collaborating in the creation of flexible capital structures
- Analyzing acquisitions, divestitures and major capital projects
- Providing experienced and confidential advice on other important company matters, including product lines, expansion plans and other market opportunities